Welcome, new friends, to our quarterly (more or less!) newsletter. And hello again to all friends, visitors and wonderful Dog Bark Park customers.
We enjoy being in touch with you, whether it’s in person, on-line, telephone, or by mail. We’ve finally graduated to high-speed Internet & with that we have a new address – email@example.com. Our original e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) expires July 1st.
Summer was slow to arrive this year. Snowflakes fell on June 10th! With lots of snow in the mountains yet to melt, our rivers will have plenty of water this summer. If whitewater rafting is your passion, this is the year to try a leg or two, or all, of Idaho’s Whitewater Trail – www.IdahoWhitewaterTrail.com.
Rivers to raft, float, kayak, fish, swim or otherwise explore near Dog Bark Park include the Salmon, Snake, Clearwater, Lochsa & Selway. Visit www.NorthCentralIdaho.info for more recreation info.
Walter is now an energetic 9 month old. Larger & more strong-willed than Luther, our previous golden, we’re enjoying his inquisitive and persistent nature. He adores everyone and everything life presents. He loves mud puddles, our bathtub, his wading pool (we call it the Hot Dog Pond) or any other water he can find. Our new friends, the Hoblets from UK & NYC, introduced us to a wonderful grooming tool, the Furminator, which we use about daily in efforts to keep him tidy.
The big dog bed & breakfast has enjoyed many overnight guests so far this season. We do have dates open in July, August, Sept and October. Be in touch for availability.
Our rates are the same as last year – $92 double occupancy, which includes evening snacks, our plentiful breakfast selections, books, games, puzzles, and of course, the entire dog for your enjoyment!
Zany & Sane Activity Ideas
1. Take in a Drive-in Movie. Any Fri, Sat or Sunday through mid-October.
It’s the Sunset Auto Vue in nearby Grangeville, Idaho. One of a handful of
drive-ins remaining in the state. The original 55-year old screen blew down this
winter in a windstorm and was rebuilt this spring. We’re thrilled this
Americana tradition continues right here in rural Idaho! Double feature PG or PG13 movies.
2. Jam’n in the Park. Thursday nights in July (10,17,24,31) in City Park at nearby Craigmont, Idaho. Enjoy food, music & a summer’s evening on the prairie. Bring your own musical instrument, or not, to join in a fun evening of all kinds of music.
3. Horseback Riding with a guide. The 41 Ranch near Winchester, Idaho offers trail rides for all ages by the hour or day. Miles of scenic trails of open and wooded terrain. Advance arrangements necessary. A guest favorite!
4. There is such as thing as a Free Lunch! At Craigmont’s St. Paul Lutheran Church. July 31, August 28, Sept 25. 11:30-1:00. While there, also visit the Ilo-Volmer Historical Society Museum located adjacent to City Park. Interesting!
5. National Lentil Festival, 20th Annual. Pullman, WA. August 23, 2008. This is where all things lentil happen! Lentil Pancake Breakfast, Lentil Parade, Lentil Cook-Off, Lentil Lane food court, Tour de Lentil 100k bike ride, Boards & Blades skate park competition, kids activities,
3 on 3 basketball, music, etc. www.lentilfest.com.
6. Fishing Derby. This annual derby on Sept 8th at beautiful Winchester Lake State Park is fun for all ages. Located an easy 26 mile drive from Dog Bark Park, the small lake is open for fishing from shore and non-motorized water craft.
7. Combine Demolition Derby. Yes, that’s right! Old combines elaborately decorated lumber about in an outdoor arena smashing into each other. Last one running wins! The action is close, dusty or muddy depending on the weather, and always an entertaining sight to behold. Sponsored by the Nezperce, Idaho Lions Club. A family fun event. Sept. 28, at the Lewis County Fairgrounds, Nezperce, Idaho.
Many of you have asked for Dog Bark Park caps & they’re now here! Two colors – taupe cotton twill w/green bill or taupe cotton twill w/ grey bill. Adjustable metal back clasp. One size fits all. $15 includes shipping in US.
We’ve also brought back our embroidered Dog Bark Park t-shirts.
Cotton Long Sleeve or Short Sleeve in Sage Green or Dusty Blue. (Colors coordinate nicely with our caps.) In Adult: S-M-L-XL.
Long Sleeve – $31, includes shipping in US
Short Sleeve – $29, includes shipping in US
These items are not in our website gift shop store. To order please phone, mail, e-mail or send a PayPal order to email@example.com. Be sure to include a note with item desired and your postal address. We can send to a gift recipient and include a gift card with your message. Just let us know.
Have a wonderful summer! We’ll be in touch again soon. There’s always more news to share – even fish stories!